Wednesday 17 January 2007

Mama, you've got some 'splainin to do ...


Why is it I find myself having to explain the birds and the bees so often lately?!!

Just after this picture was taken, I took a death-defying spin through a Riwaka apple orchard on board Dan ‑ a lovely, if somewhat lamely named thoroughbred formerly owned by Mark Todd, New Zealand’s most decorated equestrian.

I’d promised the girls they could help me groom Dan on our return, but once we got him tied up, he unceremoniously flopped his penis out and started whacking his underbelly with it. Thwhack! Thwhack! Thwhack!

And so the following conversation ensued:

Annie: “Oh wow, mom! LOOK!”

Me (trying not to be juvenile): “Oh. Um, yeah, OK. Dan’s just flopped his penis out. Kinda big eh?”

Molly: “Yeah mom but is it at least bigger than dad’s?”

I kid you not, that is exactly what she said. Where the girl’s thought processes come from is anyone’s guess.

5 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Great advertisement for you, Doog. Now I understand why you always have a smile on your face.

Anonymous said...

...But you never answered the question, Nanc!

Nancy Harper said...

No can do in polite company, Cath!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are adding Health classes into the home-schooling curriculum ( FYI Sex Ed. doesn't usually start until around grade 5 but who's counting!)
Keep up the good work!
Nanc

Nancy Harper said...

Hey Nanny, fitness/health/gym teacher extraordinaire, you'd be the perfect one to do some splainin'!!!