Thursday 18 January 2007

Split personality

Split Rock is one of a zillion unbelievably picturesque parts of the divine Abel Tasman National Park at the top of NZ's South Island, which attracts international hikers and kayakers in droves. We’re happy to be here in the off-season, naturally, where we can hear ourselves think and where the seals and penguins aren’t too freaked out by the noise to duck for cover. If I had a zoom lens on my crappy little camera I could show you some penguins and seals but, alas, you'll have to close your eyes and imagine them ... and believe me when I say they were here. Honest.

3 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Nice picture, nice headline. And no, you don't need a zoom lens when you have a neat shot like that.

Nancy Harper said...

Thanks David! Oh, for a zoom though. There were a ton of seals!

Nancy Harper said...

Thanks David! Oh, for a zoom though. There were a ton of seals!