Wednesday, 15 August 2012
Starting to get the hang of this media-exposure thing ... but fingers crossed it'll help me peddle a few more books so we can actually afford the next trip!
Tuesday, 14 August 2012
Saturday, 4 August 2012
Doubters may say you're INSANE to want to take them on the road/out of school/away from their friends, especially for the long haul. But I say start packin'! Here's 10 reasons why:
1. Someone else to carry your stuff!
2. You don’t have to drive to the hockey arena for a while
3. You get out of going to work
4. The kids notice you/maybe even like hanging out (shock!) because they’re not texting
5. They see a whole world out there that looks nothing like home
6. They can help you with the self-service check-in instructions at the airport (!!)
7. You get to decide where to go (you’re paying, after all)
8. You get to lounge around way more than usual
9. They get the gift of an experience rather than a thing
10. You don’t have to live with the regret of not having done something you were dying to do